Soiree in Stripes 2012 FAQ
What is the event?
- Soiree in Stripes brings together St. Louis area Mizzou alumni, friends and fans for a night of fun to raise money for scholarships for St. Louis high school students.
- A $50 ticket includes a premium open bar from 7 p.m. – midnight along with heavy hors d’oeuvres (until 9 p.m.), dancing and a fabulous live and silent auction.
What can I do at Soiree in Stripes?
- As you walk the black carpet into Lumen Private Event Space you will be transported to an evening full of energy and fun. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be prepared at action food stations, which will be accompanied by complementary specialty beverages. As you roam through the room you can browse fantastic silent auction items, participate in exciting raffles, or try your luck at the wine toss. After bidding to your heart’s content, dance the night away with music from one of St. Louis’ best DJs. Don’t miss the chance to get your picture taken with Truman the Tiger, and joke around with friends at the Mizzou themed photo booth.
How much are tickets?
- Until April 15, 2012 tickets are $50 each, or 12 for $500 (Buy 10 get 2 free!)
- After April 15 the ticket price will increase to $60 each, or 12 for $720.
Where can I buy tickets?
- Tickets are available at www.soireeinstripes.com. We also have paper tickets available. If you would like paper tickets please let us know and we will send these to you.
What is the Soiree in Stripes After Party?
- The after party is a special $30 ticket that starts at 9 p.m., and includes access to a premium open bar and great entertainment (there is no food included with this ticket). The regular $50 Soiree in Stripes ticket includes access to this part of the event as well.
Where is Soiree in Stripes being held?
- Soiree in Stripes is being held at Lumen Private Event Space 2201 Locust Street St. Louis, MO 63103-1509. Complimentary valet parking will be available for all guests.
Who is the honorary chair of Soiree in Stripes?
- Former Mizzou Football Coach Warren Powers
Who are the Soiree in Stripes emcees?
- Mizzou Alumni Claire Kellett, Matt Chambers and Chris Nagus from News4 will emcee Soiree in Stripes.
What should I wear to Soiree in Stripes?
- The attire for the evening is your Black and Gold Best. We suggest semi-formal attire, suits and dresses.
How can I spread the word about Soiree in Stripes?
- Post a notice on your office Intranet
- Hang a poster in the office lunch room, or common areas, or at your local Starbucks and Bread Co.
- Submit information to your church bulletin
- Send out a message to your Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter audiences (use #SIS2012)
- Submit information to your sorority, fraternity, or other organization newsletters
- Get a group of friends together for a mini reunion, or just a fun night out!
- Set up an informational table promoting Soiree at community events, or at your office building.
Where can I get promotional items?
- We are currently printing posters, but we have postcards and circle-card coasters available. If you would like any just let us know and we can drop them in the mail.
Will people who did not go to Mizzou have fun at Soiree?
- Yes! Soiree in Stripes is open to everyone, one of our event chairs is even a University of Wisconsin grad! This event is an opportunity for you to have a great night out with friends, and help support local students with scholarships.
What will be auctioned?
We are still soliciting auction items. But, here is a highlight of some of the items we have:
- The opportunity to meet the St. Louis Cardinals during a visit to the field to watch batting practice, get autographs and pictures with the players, and tour the broadcast booth before enjoying Red Bird Club tickets to a Cardinals Baseball game.
- A piece of the basketball court autographed by former MU Basketball Coach Norm Stewart.
- A California Winery set including limited edition wines from boutique wineries. These wines are not available for purchase in the St. Louis areas.
- A private dueling piano party including appetizers and cocktails at Bocci Bar in downtown Clayton.
- A behind the scenes tour and lunch with Awake With News4 team.
How can I sponsor or donate items to the event?